As soon as your wedding date is finalised, here are some of the things which need to be accomplished:
- Consider your budget and plan accordingly.
- Decide the size of the wedding.
- Think how many functions you need to organise.
- Set date and time for all the functions.
- Draw up a guest list for the various functions.
- Allocate responsibilities between both the families.
- Visit possible venues to discuss their availability and cost.
- Book accommodation for out of town guests.
- Interview caterers, hotel and restaurant managers and discuss sample menus.
- Order wedding invitations.
- Book a professional photographer and videographer.
- Start purchasing your trousseau, wedding and reception outfits.
- Speak to travel agents about honeymoon destinations. You may also surf the net for information on ideal honeymoon locations.
- Decide upon your lighting requirements.
- Choose florist and a floral theme for your wedding.
- Make music arrangements.
Things which are needed to be accomplished 2-3 months before the wedding date include the following:
This is the time for remaining yet important bookings. It’s important to maintain good contacts with all your wedding professionals – caterers, florist, musicians and others to check the progress.
Important tasks for this phase are –
- Send out invitations to all friends, relatives and colleagues.
- Choose wedding rings.
- Shop for gifts.
- Keep a record of acceptances and refusals.
- Finalise your honeymoon plans. Ensure your passports and vaccinations are up to date and you have applied for all necessary visas.
- Plan menu and any special requirements with the caterers.
- Make appointments with hair-dresser and beautician.
Things which are needed to be accomplished a month before the wedding date include the following:
- Be sure your wedding clothes are collected and ready to wear.
- Book your hotel for your wedding night if required.
- Make sure that you and the groom have luggage for the honeymoon, think about what you want to pack.
- Book cars for the wedding.
Things which are needed to be accomplished 2 weeks before the wedding date include the following:
- Pack trousseau and gifts for the relatives.
- Finalise the number of guests and inform the caterers in writing.
- Confirm all bookings and check if things are going as per your plans.
- If going out of country for honeymoon, order relevant traveller’s cheques or foreign currency, if needed.
Things which are needed to be accomplished 1 week before the wedding date include the following:
This is the time when wedding entertainment agencies in London get goose bumps even if everything is going as per schedule. This is the phase for re-confirming.
- Re-confirm all the bookings.
- Re-confirm menu with caterers and arrange for drinks to be delivered.
- Confirm arrangements for hired crockery, cutlery, glassware or table linen.
- Your wedding clothes should be ready, try on outfits.
Things which are needed to be accomplished a day before the wedding date include the following:
- Pack your honeymoon suitcase, ready for delivery to the reception.
- Your florist should prepare and soak all flowers and foliage and have them ready.
- Make sure wedding cars are clean.
- Make sure your fiancé has packed his suitcase.
- Visit the hairdresser and beautician.
- Try to relax and have an early night.
- Enjoy the occasion with friends and relatives.